The Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (RNCNIRP) has issued a resolution, published April 2011, addressing the urgent problem of cell phone use by children.
The document cites studies showing that since 2000 the rate of nervous system disorders among 15 to 17 year olds has increased by 85%, epilepsy has increased by 36%, mental retardation has increased by 11%, and blood and immune disorders have increased by 82%. In children less than 14 years old nervous system disorders have increased by 58%, and blood and immune disorders have increased by 64%.
The RNCNIRP states that “For the first time in human evolution, the brain is daily exposed to modulated EMF at all developmental stages.” The Russian agency recommends that urgent measures be taken, including:
- all cell phones carry a label indicating that RF radiation is being emitted
- the instruction manuals be required to state that cell phones are a source of harmful RF radiation
- children under 18 years old not use cell phones
- pregnant women not use cell phones
- advertisement of cell phones for children be prohibited
The complete RNCNIRP resolution is here: iemfa.org/images/pdf/RNCNIRP_Resolution_2011.pdf